- When the weather is iffy... call ahead: 215.569.9469.
THINK SPRING! Preorder Hop Rhizomes!
We’re taking preorders for hop rhizomes in various varieties. Available are cascade, centennial, chinook, columbus, golding, liberty, Mt. hood, northern brewer, nugget, sterling and willamette. Each rhizome is only $5 for preorders. Have your orders in by March 1. We’re expecting them in the first week of April.
- NEW Beginner's Pubkits!
You get all the pre-measured and easy to use ingredients to create 5 gallons of beer for only $39.95! Ramble on Rye, Onkel Fester and Brother Thomas --- check these and other beer ingredient kits out on our Beer Store page.
(Yes, you'll have to add your own water.)
- NEW Intermediate Recipes!
We've added White IPA and Belgian Chocolate Stout recipe packages to our list of partial grain/extract beer recipes. Se our Beer Store page for the full list.
- Did you get a HomeSweet Homebrew Gift Certificate?
Lucky you! Come on in and we'll help you make a great brew.
- In-Store Pickup If you order something online but want to pick it up in the store, we'll reimburse the charged shipping cost with Bonus Beer Bucks. (PayPal doesn't allow an in-store pickup option with our shipping calculation method.). Just write in the checkout comment section for us NOT to ship your order. We aim to please.
- George Hummel on WHYY's "The Pulse" in "How science saved beer"
George Hummel added his brewing knowledge to a segment entitled "How science saved beer". Learn a bit about bacteria and the beer industry.
- Take a moment to view this video conversation among George Hummel, Nancy Rigberg, and Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione (founder and President) as they reminisce about the old days of brewing in Philadelphia.
- Every few days we post a new special on Facebook
or Twitter, so visit us often.
- Order Beer Ingredient Packages online for yourself or as a gift on our Beer Store page, or come in and pick it up.
- Philly2Night Says "Give the Gift of Beer and Cheer!" from Home Sweet Homebrew!
They liked HSH's total brewing package and said "For anyone that's always wanted to try their hand at Brewing or Wine Making, HSH is the perfect place to start!" Read the full Philly2Night article "Give the Gift of Beer and Cheer!".
- Join our New Mailing List powered by MailChimp. Every month or so you'll learn what's hoppening at Home Sweet Homebrew, including special varieties of hops, store hours, Philly beer events, etc. We won't share your email address, we promise!
16 Mile Brewing's "HUMMEL" Beer Tank
It’s not a tankless job writing about beer - the guys at 16 Mile Brewing in Georgetown, DE appreciated George’s help formulating their Smoked Oyster Stout and named this tank (right) after him!
- George Hummel on WHYY: Keeping the craft beer flowing in Philadelphia
Listen to George on Philadelphia's WHYY radio station in an interview with NewsWorks Tonight's host, Dave Heller.
- Philadelphia ranked first for best pub crawl city and third for the best U.S. beer brewing city by AMOG.com. Come visit Home Sweet Homebrew to learn more about brewing and join the fun.
- Gift Certificates are perfect all year long. Great present idea for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's or Father's Day, ... or just because.. A HSH gift certificate says that you care about the recipient, and "please, may I have some of your beer?". Easy to order at the bottom of every page.
- Expand Your Beer Horizons: Check out our latest catalog. See some of the many brewing ingredients we can supply for you.