- Memorial Day Weekend Hours
Fri May 22: 11 am - 6 pm
Sat May 23: 11 am - 5 pm
Sun: May 24: CLOSED
Mon: May 25: CLOSED
PHILLY BEER WEEK: MAY 29 - JUNE 7!
We love celebrating Philadelphia's great beer scene during Philly Beer Week! Home Sweet Homebrew is involved with lots of Philadelphia beer activities.
- Meet Home Sweet Homebrew's George Hummel and Nancy Rigberg at Opening Tap 2015 on Fri, May 29.
- Home Sweet Homebrew is a sponsor of the Bibical Brew Off on May 30 where 2 faith communities,the "He-brews" and the "Angli-cans", compete for a winner's purse that will go to charity.
- Nancy Rigberg and George Hummel will be 2 judges for the Extreme Homebrew Challenge at Jose Pistola's on June 1 at 7pm. Tickets only $25; available at Home Sweet Homebrew.
- Special Book Signing at Home Sweet Homebrew Wed, June 3 5 - 7 pm. "Beer Lover's Mid-Atlantic: Best Breweries, Brewpubs and Beer Bars (Beer Lovers Series)" by Bryan Kolesar. This Free event is complete with beer tasting and you can speak with author Bryan Kolesar (and our own author, George Hummel.)
- Continuing a fine tradition, join Nancy Rigberg at the Ladies Beer Tea at The Belgian Café on Sat, June 6 at 2:30pm.
Many more beer activities can be found at www.phillybeerweek.org.
Stay tuned to Home Sweet Homebrew for more beer brewing and beer appreciation events, plus specials at Home Sweet Homebrew all during Philly Beer Week. (Although ANY day in Philadelphia is a good beer day.)
THINK SPRING! Hop Rhizomes!
Plenty of Hop Rhizomes to go around. $5 each. Available are cascade, centennial, chinook, columbus, golding, liberty, Mt. hood, northern brewer, nugget, sterling and willamette.
- Beginner's Pubkits and Intermediate Recipes!
You get all the pre-measured and easy to use ingredients to create 5 gallons of beer for only $39.95! Ramble on Rye, Onkel Fester and Brother Thomas and more!
Also, we've added White IPA and Belgian Chocolate Stout recipe packages to our list of partial grain/extract beer recipes. See our Beer Store page for the full list.
- George Hummel on WHYY's "The Pulse" in "How science saved beer"
George Hummel added his brewing knowledge to a segment entitled "How science saved beer". Learn a bit about bacteria and the beer industry.
- Take a moment to view this video conversation among George Hummel, Nancy Rigberg, and Dogfish Head's Sam Calagione (founder and President) as they reminisce about the old days of brewing in Philadelphia.
- Every few days we post a new special on Facebook
or Twitter, so visit us often.
- Order Beer Ingredient Packages online for yourself or as a gift on our Beer Store page, or come in and pick it up.
- Philly2Night Says "Give the Gift of Beer and Cheer!" from Home Sweet Homebrew!
They liked HSH's total brewing package and said "For anyone that's always wanted to try their hand at Brewing or Wine Making, HSH is the perfect place to start!" Read the full Philly2Night article "Give the Gift of Beer and Cheer!".
16 Mile Brewing's "HUMMEL" Beer Tank
It’s not a tankless job writing about beer - the guys at 16 Mile Brewing in Georgetown, DE appreciated George’s help formulating their Smoked Oyster Stout and named this tank (right) after him!
- George Hummel on WHYY: Keeping the craft beer flowing in Philadelphia
Listen to George on Philadelphia's WHYY radio station in an interview with NewsWorks Tonight's host, Dave Heller.
- Philadelphia ranked first for best pub crawl city and third for the best U.S. beer brewing city by AMOG.com. Come visit Home Sweet Homebrew to learn more about brewing and join the fun.
- Gift Certificates are perfect all year long. Great present idea for birthdays, anniversaries, Mother's or Father's Day, ... or just because.. A HSH gift certificate says that you care about the recipient, and "please, may I have some of your beer?". Easy to order at the bottom of every page.
- Expand Your Beer Horizons: Check out our latest catalog. See some of the many brewing ingredients we can supply for you.